Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lincoln Award Nominees: FINISHED

I did what I could.  It's not good to meet your goals the first time around, right?  That means you set them too low.  Yeah, that's going to be my reasoning for not reading all the Caudill and Lincoln nominated books.  Next year I'll finish them all!

Here are the Lincoln books I read who earned a five out of five rating:

Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan
The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor
Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan

I really enjoyed each of these three books, but the standout for me was Flash Burnout by L.K. Madigan.  I loved Blake (and okay, my love for this book is influenced by our mutual adoration of Doctor Who) and his relationship dilemma.  He learned about love and friendship and life without ever straying into melodrama.  That deserves all the awards.

1 comment:

  1. Just realized that there was a tab at the top with links to all of the IL Award books that you review! What a great idea. Kind of feel like I should read the Lincoln books since that's my baby's name... :) I was a big Flash Burnout fan too!

    ReplyDelete