Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Caudill Award Nominees: FINISHED

I'm calling it quits.  The 2013 Caudill books have been announced.  Even though the 2012 winner has not yet been announced, I can't commit to finishing the nominations.  That means I am 7 books short.  Oops.  But I will tell you my favorite regardless!  First, the books that I gave a five out of five rating to were:

All the Broken Pieces by Ann E. Burg
Extra Credit by Andrew Clements
Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
The Mostly True Adventures of Homer P. Figg by Rodman Philbrick
Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith

Oh man, this is really hard!  I am having a very difficult time choosing between Broken Pieces, Mountain, and Flygirl.  This decision is no easier because they are all incredibly different books!  Poetic alienation?  Asian mythology?  Racial history?  How can I possibly decide?

Aaaahhh, I'm going to go with All the Broken Pieces by Ann E. Burg, because in addition to teaching me about the aftermath of the Vietnamese War and being really emtionally stirring, it also made me like books written in verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment