Monday, June 6, 2011

Ouran High School Host Club Vol. 11 by Bisco Hatori


Book Jacket

In this screwball romantic, Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids' school, is forced to repay an $80,000 debt by working for the school's swankiest, all-male club--as a boy!  There she discovers just how wealthy the six members are and how different the rich are from everybody else...

With the Host Club members on opposite sides, the sports festival at Ouran High School has become an all-out war!  Can the bonds of friendship withstand the strain of competition?

Review

The conclusion to the sports festival was a little eh to me.  Tamaki's weird ways of helping his friends are, well, weird to me.  But I did love the festival itself--a bread tasting compeition?  Fabulous.  And the cheering competition using Shakespeare to inspire the team, and succeeding?  Also brilliant.

And then we got to the romance.  Win!  Haruhi is unwittingly coming between the twins!  I am both horrified (because they are so awesome together) and delighted (because the drama is so awesome!)  However, I really have no idea how I want this to end up.  Kaoru is my favorite, but Hikaru is so charmingly obtuse.  If one of them can like Haruhi while still maintaining best friendship with his twin, then I will be satisfied.

Four out of five valuable bean bags.

Release Date:  November 2008
Reading Level:  Grade 6+
Where In Dunlap Public Library's Collection:  Not yet owned by Dunlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment