Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Fruits Basket Vol. 14 by Natsuki Takaya


Book Jacket

Isuzu loves snooping through Shigure's life, especially when she's totally convinved that he's hiding something.  But when Tohru finds a passed-out Isuzu in the house, she tried to drag Isuzu to the hospital.  Meanwhile, Yuki goes to the ASB student council room only to find it trashed again!  But as the secrets of who vandalized the room come out of the closet, Yuki accidentally gets locked in one.  Who will be the one to help him get out?  The answer is right inside this next volume of the super-popular Fruits Basket, the world's most popular shojo manga!

Review

Okay, so Rin and Shigure were not kissing that one time.  Which I guess is preferable, because I really like Rin and Haru together, but let's be honest, that would have been awesome and dramatic.  However, even without that twist, Rin's history is brilliant.  I love that someone (or multiple someones) other than Tohru are trying to break the curse.  The fact that everyone is trying for the sake of someone else is exactly why I love these characters so much.

Then we've got Yuki.  I'm warming to this student council.  They are kind of crazy, and I'm pretty sure they are building a romance between Yuki and Machi.  I think Yuki needs Tohru's love, no doubt.  I don't think he should stay in a relationship where he is always getting.  He is the sort of person who needs to pour out his life and love to someone else who is broken.  Machi seems pretty messed up, which I read as a love connection!

Good stories, but I wasn't blown away by anything.  It felt like these stories were both the beginning of plots that will be further developed later.

Three out of five sad little horse girls.

Release Date:  August 2006
Reading Level:  Grade 7+
Where In Dunlap Public Library's Collection: Not currently part of Dunlap's collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment