Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Bike by Madeline

Dear Diary,

Today is my birthday!  My mother took me first to Baker's Square for some chocolate chip pancakes.  Soooo yummy!  Then afterwards I went to Walmart to get my new bike which is sooo awesome.  It is neon green.  How PERFECT.  Then something happens!  Mr. Peters, my crazy old neighbor, took my bike and ran into the library.  I ran in after him, still dazed from when he came out of nowhere and nearly knocked me over as he pedaled off with it.

"Mr. Peters!" I yelled as I entered the library.

"SHHH!" the lady from behind the counter called.

Mr. Peters was out of sight completely.  In the distance I heard a deep voice calling my name.  "NORA!"  It seemed as though it was coming form the story room.  I ran in the room and twisted and turned, trying to find him.  Then suddenly the door slammed, the lights turned off, and the shades closed!  I saw a pair of eyes coming towards me.  I tried to scream but nothing came out.  I backed up against the wall, terribly frightened.

Suddenly, a hole opened up and I fell thousands of miles before I hit the bottom with a ginormous clash, and I awoke to the soft crying of my mother.  My eyes slowly opened to the bright world around me.

"Oh honey!"

"Mom?  What happened?"

"You fell off your new bike while we were riding and you fell six feet down a ravine before you stopped."

No comments:

Post a Comment