Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride


Book Jacket

Raising the dead--it sure beats flipping burgers. 

Meet Sam, just your average guy rocking that fast-food career.

Enter Douglas, a powerful and violent necromancer.  Douglas immediately recognizes Sam as a fellow necromancer--which is news to Sam--and he's none too happy to have a competitor in the crowded paranormal scene in Seattle.

Now Sam has an undead friend on his hands and a hot werewolf girl for company.  With just one week to find a way out of Douglas's clutches, can Sam figure out how to use his mysteriously latent powers?

Review

I heard some really awesome things about this book, but...I couldn't finish it.  I got to page 67, but it was just too dark for me.  Even though I could tell it was dark with a side of humor, I just.  Couldn't.  Don't know why.  I'm know other people love it!

If you've read it, feel free to explain why I should finish it!  But for now, necromancers are just a little too morbid for me.

One out of five talking heads.

Release Date:  October 2010
Reading Level:  Grade 8+
Where In Dunlap Public Library's Collection:  Not yet part of Dunlap Library's collection.


Don't believe me?  Check out these reviews of Hold Me Closer, Necromancer:

Forever Young Adult
My Favorite Books

No comments:

Post a Comment