Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lookout Hill by Olivia

It was the wrong house.  I sighed as I left the old woman's driveway.  I of all people had to memorize my friend's complicated neighborhood to get around.  We were going to have a sleepover.  She was a good friend and all, but it would be easier if she knew her own address.

I had started at 11:00 knowing it would take till 5:00 to get the right house.  I pulled a grape from the bag in my basket.  I needed refreshments.  I biked up a steep hill to get a better view of my surroundings.  From there I could see the road, my neighborhood, and a deer bounding at the edges of the woods.

I shielded my eyes from the sun.  There!  It was my friend's house, tucked away at the edge of the neighborhood.  Taking another grape from the basket, I sighed with impatience.  My friend Amber's house was four blocks away!  I peddled down the hill, enjoying the wind in my face.  I crossed two roads, and shortcutted through one backyard.  As I biked into the driveway Amber came out.  "Hi, Olivia!"

No comments:

Post a Comment