Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Hobbit Trailer


If you couldn't tell by my habit reading a book every day or two, I'm...kind of into stories.  In fact, I get quite obsessed with the better ones.  Never have I been more obsessed than when I devoted four years of my life to the Lord of the Rings series (three years of movies, then another year waiting for the Return of the King extended edition DVD set).  I mean, I had LotR themed birthday parties.  I have a Frodo doll.  I bought books of LotR in different languages when I visited other countries.  I, um, even made a scrapbook of all the various LotR pictures and quotes and magazine articles I could find.

I'm a bit of a nerd.  Le surprise.

I still really love Tolkien's created world of Middle-earth, and have in fact just reread The Silmarillion and The Hobbit.  But I didn't expect the level of fangirling that would ensue when I 1) saw that The Hobbit's trailer was released and 2) watched it three times in a row, and then again when I woke up this morning.

IT LOOKS SO GOOD, YOU GUYS.  I didn't know whether Peter Jackson would go with a more child-like feel, or stick to the epicness of LotR.  Looks like we're gonna get both!  I loved the dwarves falling through the door, and then the plate tossing fun.  But there's also the deep singing that sent shivers down my spine, and glimpses of Narsil in Rivendell, and the trolls, and sweeping landscapes. 

And oh my gosh.  Bagginses....Precious....

The middle of December will always be Tolkien's.  I cannot wait for December 14th, to see the first half of Bilbo's journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment