Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Love Story About... by Madison

Madison participated in Dunlap Public Library's February Young Author Club for 3-5 graders.  In honor of Valentine's Day, she wrote this love story for the blog.

"I love him, but did you see his nose?  It's huge!  I couldn't stop staring at it.  He's so dreamy, with emerald green eyes and spiky black hair.  But again, his nose!"  Melissa said tiredly.  "I can't stop thinking about him.  It's got to be a genetic disorder."

"Calm down, Melissa!" Jesse exclaimed.  "You're getting worked up about nothing.  I mean he's only..."

"DON'T say it!" Melissa hissed.

"What I was just..."

"Hush!"

"But..."

"No!"

"But."

"Out!"  Melissa screeched.  "Get out of my shop!"

"F...F...Fine!" she said through tears.  "I'll leave.  But he's just a cat!"  And with that she stalked off.

No comments:

Post a Comment