Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle


Book Jacket

A trio of today's best-selling authors--John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle--brings all the magic of the holidays to life in three hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and kisses that will take your breath away.

Review

I have to admit that I don't read the backs of books very often, so I had no idea that the three stories would be woven together.  When I got to the second story and saw familiar characters, I felt like I had discovered something new.  But whether you are aware of the interconnectedness going in or not, it is great fun to see how the lives of each story's characters merge and impact the others.

I am a huge fan of John Green (DFTBA!), and that is pretty much the only reason I checked out Let It Snow.  But I'm glad I did!  I have found two new authors who are worth investigating (though I would rank the stories as such: Green first, Johnson second, and Myracle third).  The stories are all designed to create the warm fuzzies--both about Christmas and romance.  While some of the romances felt a little too convenient, the ways in which couples fell in and out of love were very entertaining.

Definitely a good book to curl up with while it snows outside.

Four out of five stars.

Release Date:  October 2008
Reading Level:  Grade 8+
Where In Dunlap Public Library's Collection:  Not yet owned by Dunlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment